Are you a Wizards Play Network store looking to host a F2F Tour Qualifier? You’ve come to the right place. Qualifiers are a great way for Local Game Store (LGS) across Canada to participate in Canada’s Premier Play System. A player’s journey to the Pro Tour and World Championships should always begin at their LGS.
For more information on the F2F Tour, click here.
Qualifier events take place during rounds. A round is the two to four month qualifying period prior to the Tour Championships. Qualifiers are not region specific and can be held anywhere in Canada. An invitation may be used at any of the two Tour Regional Championships of that round.
Qualifiers: Event Basics
- Entry Fee: WPN Partners may charge an appropriate entry fee for their communities. We can provide some suggestions on effective structures upon request.
- Format: The format of the qualifier must match the format of the round’s Regional Championship.
- Number of Players: WPN Partners must have the space for at least 16 players. The event requires 8 or more players to fire. If there are exactly 8 players, the event must be single elimination. If there are fewer than 8 players, the event fails to fire*. Following the Swiss rounds you will be cut to top 8 playoffs. Events with 9-16 players will need to play an extra round of swiss and cut to a top 4 unless your event is sealed, in which case you will still cut to top 8 draft.
- Prizes: We encourage WPN Partners to create exciting prize structures. The details of the prize structure are at each Partners’ discretion.
- Rule Enforcement: As these events require deck lists, they must be run at the Competitive Rules Enforcement level. WPN Partners are expected to have adequate tournament officials to ensure a safe, fun, and fair event. We suggest an L2 judge as they have the needed skills.
- Scalability: All stores are welcome to run one qualifier per cycle. If a WPN Partner would like to run an event larger than the WPN Kits can support, or more than one event they are invited to contact F2F for scaling opportunities and will be treated on a case-by-case basis.
- Invites: All invites in your Kit must be used in one event and be given to the winner (Kit) or top four players (Kit+). Invites can not be used as door prizes or split between two events.
*Failure to fire: If a Qualifier does not fire due to lack of players, F2F will assist the WPN in rescheduling the event within that cycle. If the event is not rescheduled, the WPN Kit and the WPN Kit+ can be returned for a full refund.
Applications for Round 3 are closed, but applications for Round 4 are NOW OPEN! Apply here!
Two types of Kits are available to run Qualifiers – WPN Kit and WPN Kit+.
All kits contain exclusive promos, a champion playmat and the coveted invitations to the Tour Championships.
In addition, all events will be featured on our F2FTour.com website. Face to Face Games will also assist in any media requests to help promote events.
Additional Commercial Opportunities
If you wish to host a larger scale event in your area that qualifies players for the Tour Regional Championships, please contact us. We are looking forward to supporting innovative tournament concepts from across Canada. The goal of this program is to support the competitive community of our great nation. We look forward to working together. You can contact us here.
Our flagship events, the Tour Weekend, will feature vendor booth opportunities for Canadian retailers. If you wish to vend at one of our events and bring your retail expertise to Canada’s largest MTG event, please contact us.
For other vendor and sponsorship opportunities, click here.
In the event you need to change your event date or format, please contact us! Your success is our priority!